June 24, 2023

Life Changing Prayer


Judging from the beauty of our world, heaven must truly be a wonderful place. Besides the beauty, there are no worries about money, health, or death.

Then, if we truly trust God with our lives, we don’t need to worry about those things here, either. But it is hard not to be caught up in world events and concerns, not to mention our personal struggles. Our human bodies and spirits are in constant conflict.

However, through prayer, we can minimize the struggle, conforming our will to God’s. After all, our prayers don’t change Him. He is unchangeable. It is we who must change. Sadly, many, often including me, don’t want to change and stay trapped in their sins and bad choices.

The devil wants us to believe there is happiness in sin and makes it seem attractive, irresistible. And we have all fallen for his lies at one time or another.

But the story doesn’t stop there. Jesus rewrote it, offering salvation to anyone who believes in Him. Not the perfect, for there are none, but we sinners. It is freeing to know that although I am flawed, sinful, and imperfect, God loves me and offers me the reward of heaven for a life lived in faith and trust.

With that thought, each sunrise, each new day, brings another chance to do better, to grow in faith, and takes us one step closer to heaven.

Dear Lord, thank you for this new day and for not giving up on me. Help me not to give up on myself or others. Deepen my prayer life and bring me closer to You. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I feel trapped lately in a sin of despair. I am overwhelmed with my elderly mother's needs and wants and her finances (which I don't understand). I keep trying to change my attitude and then screw up all over again the next day. Today instead of asking God to rescue me from all this, I asked Him to come into the situation with me. It helped a LOT to change my attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caring for an aging parent is overwhelming. I pray you have some one who can step in and help you. It is a huge burden to carry on your own.

      By the way, I am really enjoying your book. You have a wonderful, fresh use of words. I love your descriptions. They, put the reader right in the story, not to mention the interesting plot. 😊

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!