July 02, 2023

Helpless

Image by Anja from Pixabay

 When we are helpless, we must remember God is not.

Think about that.

While we wring our hands and fret and worry, God is working. He is answering our prayers. However, not always as quickly as we want. He takes the long view, not our limited, shortsighted view.

Timing. He knows the best time to answer our prayers — when all the elements align. He also knows when not to answer our prayers. What we want now may not be what we will want or need down the road.

God never rests. He never forgets, and as David wrote in Psalm 62:8: “He is our refuge.” He is here in our today, and He’s already in our tomorrow.

“…for when I am weak, then am I powerful.” 2 Corinthians 12:10.

Dear Lord, remind me when I am tempted to wring my hands in anxiety and despair that you are in control and are working on the situation. I only need to rest under the shadow of your wings until You call me into action. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this, Marie. It's exactly what I needed to hear today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reading that was the inspiration for this post touched me deeply, and I knew others would be touched too. God bless you, always.

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!