September 24, 2020

Take Nothing for the Journey … Luke 9:13

Photo from Free Photos @ Pixabay

Those words still make me sweat.

The Queen of spreadsheets and lists, the woman with an obsession for organization and preparedness, would freak out.

I have improved some. My To do List is now more of a reference and a reminder. Rarely do I finish all the tasks in one day. That’s progress.

However, I’m ashamed to say my packing and travel lists are almost as precious as my bible. I’d have nightmares if I didn’t check everything off my lists.

On the opposite side, my husband seldom uses a list, only once in a while a short one for groceries. He has had some unfortunate experiences flying by the seat of his pants, like the time he drove two hours from home only to remember he left the coffee pot on and had to turn around and go back. (That was before auto shut offs and me.)

The point is it’s okay to reasonably prepare for different circumstances, but I must let go of the idea I can prepare for every circumstance. I can’t. As Padre Pio said, “Pray, hope, and don’t worry.”

Thank you, Lord, for the small advancements I have made to trust You more. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate so much! Not the travel-list stuff (only because I rarely travel), but the NEED to over organize and prepare. Love your closing prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, a kindred spirit! You understand how hard it is to overcome the compulsion to organize and prepare. It's almost like it's ingrained in our DNA. Here's to our mutual goal of moderation. Bless you.

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!