January 09, 2020

Fantasy vs Reality


Photo by Johannes Pleino from Pixabay
I finished reading a well written, intriguing fantasy novel. The premise held my interest and kept me turning pages, but one thing bothered me.

Demons and evil wizards took the souls of the men and women they killed, condemning them to an eternity in hell. No one had the power to save them. Imagine a world where there isn’t any hope of salvation — ever.  


Do I want the author to change her story? No. Not to please me or anyone else. She wrote the novel as she saw it, but I am thankful I live in a different reality. I have a Savior who died in my place, saving me from eternal damnation.  As long as I cling to Him, my faith, no demon, nor the fires of hell, can touch me.

I am thankful I read the book. Stories are a powerful way of expressing ideas, illustrating comparisons, and teaching life lessons. This one will haunt me for a long time. May I never forget the message of how blessed I am to be living in this broken, but beautiful world.   


2 comments:

  1. I've had the same thoughts about books and TV shows like that. I get to thinking, "This is truly fantasy because things don't work like that with God."

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!