January 23, 2020

What Next?


Photo by Free Photos from Pixabay
That question has been on my mind for the last few weeks. What should I write after I publish the last book in my series? I have several story ideas in mind, none of them in the same genre as the series. Are they what I should write?

The Lions and Lamb series had a purpose. The stories allowed me to share some of my personal experiences while highlighting certain criminals and their crimes. The other stories would be different and not considered Christian like the series.
I prayed for guidance.

Odd coincidences began with Sunday services. First, the opening song was Lion and Lamb. The next song mentioned the African plains. God had my attention, but what was the message?

Today, Good Morning, Lord by Joseph T. Sullivan, had this:


Inspiration

Good Morning, Lord.
Thank you for all the creative people in our world, artists of all kinds: 
sculptors, authors, songwriters, painters, musicians, architects.
They can pick up our spirits and carry us away from the humdrum and routine; 
they can lead us to nobler thoughts.
Help them to use their talents for the noble, the inspiring, the uplifting.
They have such enormous capability for good; their collective influence is powerful.
Inspire them with your creative spirit, Lord.
Help them to show us how to look up at the stars, not down at the mud and the puddles. 
Amen. 


If I doubted the message, my devotional, Living Faith, added this by Elizabeth Duffy: “… try to be governed by those who can still look at the stars at night…”

Those words reminded me of a dream I had a few months before my second husband passed away. Jesus told me I would never look at the stars alone. Now I understand that not only will I not be alone, I am to bring others with me by offering inspiration and hope through my writing and my art. The subject doesn’t matter as long as it glorifies him.

2 comments:

  1. I won't be surprised if there's a starry sky or two in your next book.:-)

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!