November 07, 2018

Something's Coming...


Rainbows are showing up in my news feed on Facebook, in random photos on the internet, and near our house. 
God has used rainbows in the past to herald a miracle. Other times, they were attention grabbers, signaling an impending message. With no apparent need for a miracle, I surmise this time it is the latter.

I have jury duty this month, a dreaded month-long interruption to my happy retirement schedule. Although I don’t mind doing my civic duty,  a special court order has requested I appear Friday morning at a special judicial setting separate from the regular courts. Gulp.

What does a special court entail?

According to Duhaime's Law Dictionary:  A special jury is a jury drawn to certain specifications given the alleged complexities of the matter to be tried.”

I can’t imagine what type of trial this could be and I am feeling a little apprehensive.

This morning my devotions listed Psalm 27:1,13-14.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the protector of my life: of whom shall I be afraid? I believe to see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living. Expect the Lord, do manfully, and let thy heart take courage, and wait thou for the Lord.


The message: assurance I am not facing this new challenge alone. He may even give me the grace to be a cheerful giver, sealing my lips from grumbling about this interruption to my plans.

2 comments:

  1. I've only had regular jury duty. I didn't even know there were "special courts." Maybe it won't be bad at all, just interesting and different. Thank you for doing your civic duty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I pray it will just be interesting and different. I am selfish enough not to want a months long court case. I am enjoying my retirement too much. But, it is in God's hands. I'll do whatever is required, and hopefully with a smile.

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!