August 11, 2023

Safe

Image by skalekar1992 from Pixabay

“In peace will I both lay me down and sleep; For you, Jehovah, alone make me dwell in safety.” Psalm 4:8. 

I know worry is a lack of faith and trust in God’s promises. Once prayed and given to God, I shouldn’t let my concerns keep me up at night. 

God promised us he would save us until it’s time to leave this earth. Even that’s nothing to fear. Well, maybe how we leave is a concern, but we don’t need to worry about that until the time comes. God will send the grace we need to endure whatever form that takes — when it happens. 

“Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, that have been borne by me from their birth, that have been carried from the womb; and even to old age I am he, and even to hoar hairs will I carry you; I have made, and I will bear; yea, I will carry, and will deliver.” Isaiah 46:3-4. 

Reflecting on these scriptures, I realized I applied these promises to me, but had not done so with family and friends. I had it in my head that if I worried enough and prayed enough, I could keep them safe. Isn’t that silly? 

“And which of you, by being anxious, can add a cubit unto [a] the measure of his life? If then ye are not able to do even that which is least, why are ye anxious concerning the rest? Consider the lilies, how they grow: they toil not, neither do they spin; yet I say unto you, Even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God doth so clothe the grass in the field, which to-day is, and to-morrow is cast into the oven; how much more shall he clothe you, O ye of little faith? And seek not ye what ye shall eat, and what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: but your Father knows that ye have need of these things.” Luke 12:25-30. 

If I post these scriptures on my nightstand and read them every morning and night, they will remind me God’s in control over all lives, including mine. 

Dear Lord, you are so good to me, more than I deserve. I ask for the grace to trust you with everything and everyone in my life. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 



2 comments:

  1. I can SO relate to every bit of this. I totally get "if I worried enough and prayed enough." I worked on trusting God last night as a violent storm blew through. (I'm in tornado country.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that was a test of faith facing the possibility of a tornado! Thank goodness you're safe.

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!