August 04, 2023

Reflections

Image by Pexels from Pixabay

I choose to be aware of evil but concentrate on the good I see. “For the rest, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever modest, whatsoever just, whatsoever holy, whatsoever lovely, whatsoever of good fame, if there be any virtue, if any praise of discipline, think on these things.” Philippians 4:8.

 

It amazes me that our all powerful God humbled himself to become one of us, the Creator subjected to his creation. He is so far above us and yet he chose not only to come as a helpless babe, dependent on human parents, but he also died for us, taking our place, burdened by our sins. It’s hard to understand, but I’m thankful all the same.

 

As for prayer, I read an interesting concept. Whatever we are praying for, would Jesus pray for the same thing? If the answer is no, then God’s answer will be the same. Our prayers must be in alignment with God’s will for our life. In essence, everything we do, everything we ask for, should be to glorify God, not to satisfy our desires or insist on our own will. “Not my will, but yours be done. In Jesus’ name I ask. Amen.” The more I pray, the more my thoughts and desires align with God’s plan for my life.

 

“And he turned the storm into a breeze: and its waves were still… He hath turned a wilderness into pools of water, and a dry land into water springs.” Psalm 107:29, 35. He has carried me through every difficult moment of my life, even sending a few miracles, as long as I held onto my faith, trusting him and not my circumstances. 

 

“All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1. God uses each season to complete his work in us, for his glory and our good. Amen.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I have been working lately on thinking about such things that are true, noble (in my translation), right, pure... I even bought a tee shirt with the verse.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must have like minds lately, or maybe it's God nudging us in the direction he knows we need. I bet the T-shirt is awesome!

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!