March 05, 2021

An Odd Coincidence

Original photo by author

As if the state of the world and our country weren’t enough to be concerned about, we received the news that our roof needs repair due to recent wind damage. With a thousand-dollar deductible, we are facing a large expenditure whether we file an insurance claim or not. Also, concern for my husband’s health is weighing on my mind. He’s still recovering from Covid pneumonia, mostly regarding his stamina.

As many of you know, God has often used the song, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, or the image of a rainbow, to give me encouragement when I’m worried or anxious.

While all this whirled around in my thoughts, my husband and I watched the movie, Australia. To my surprise the song, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, is used several times throughout the film, even including a clip of Judy Garland singing it in The Wizard of Oz.

However, a bigger surprised came after the film.  

The kitchen inventory app I use for grocery shopping, has photos options for each item. After the film, I added a breakfast cereal. I have no idea how this happened, but I believe it is more than just an odd coincidence.  




Thank you, Lord, for being so good to me. Amen.  


2 comments:

  1. That is so rainbowy cool! An expenditure like that stinks, but it'll feel good afterwards knowing your roof is intact. I hope your husband regains his strength and energy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbowy! I love it! The rainbow hearalded good news. The repairs were only $475! ***Grin*** And my husband is feeling much, much better today. Turns out he had a couple of sleepless nights because of an aching shoulder - arthritis - which better now. If only he would share information more, I'd worry less. I have his promise...

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!