March 23, 2021

New Life

Photo by Wellington @Pixabay
























I posted this on social media three years ago during my recovery from mastectomy surgery. It seems as revelant now with all that life has thrown at me since, my dad's passing and all the changes the pandemic forced on us.



March 23, 2018

Spring. I see it emerging everywhere. Six deer grazed along our back lawn this morning. A slew of songbirds are singing their little hearts out from every tree and bush: blackbirds, robins, doves and others I need a book to identify. A pair of hawks are nesting close by and a pair of bald eagles performed an aerial courtship dance within view of our front window. Warm rains have encouraged buds on all the trees. Several are close to blooming.

My heart is encouraged. As nature is rebounding from winter, I will recover from this post-cancer surgery into a new life too. Each day is better than the one before, with fewer bumps. I am thankful for many things, especially life. ❤

2 comments:

  1. Spring encourages me, too. I hope others are taking time to look and listen to nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It would be a shame to be blind to God's blessings.

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!