February 11, 2020

Being Joyful

Photo by Free-Photos at Pixabay
Today I wanted to share a meditation source I discovered years ago, The Naked Now by Richard Rohr. It is one of the most insightful books I have read. Father Rohr gives a non-denominational, non-political, all-encompassing insight into accepting and coping with our imperfections, those of everyone around us, and of our world.

Listed below are a few suggestions from the book that impacted my life greatly. These gems, repeated often throughout my day have enabled me to remain in a joyful, peaceful state of mind for longer periods than at any other time in my life - regardless of the turmoil surrounding me.

What might a joyful mind be?

When your mind does not need to be right.
When you no longer need to compare yourself with others.
When you no longer need to compete - not even in your own head.
When your mind can be creative, but without needing anyone to know.
When your mind does not "brood over injuries."
When you do not need to humiliate, critique, or defeat those who have hurt you - not even in your mind.

Thank you, Lord, for leading me to this wonderful source of spiritual insight, for giving me the encouragement to follow the suggestions, and for being patient through my many failures. As you have told me over and over, it isn't how many times I fail, but how hard I try. It is my effort that counts. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. You're right, these ARE gems! Thanks for sharing.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. These were too good to keep to myself.

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!