January 30, 2020

I Want More


Photo by John Hain at Pixabay
“To the one who has more, more will be given, from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.” Mark 4:25.

I found this passage confusing and disturbing until I read Kristin Armstrong’s devotion in, Living Faith. Jesus wasn’t talking about wealth, prestige, or power. He meant gratitude.

I would go one step further and say it is faith he referenced when taken with the parable of the Sower in the previous passages.

We have a choice. We can be bitter and hateful or trusting and kind. We can increase our faith or throw it away through distrust, worry, anxiety, and seeking earthly treasure over the spiritual. 

“And he said to them: Why are you fearful? Have you not faith yet?” Mark 4:40.

I chose faith, leaving all things under God’s control, but ready to act or hold firm, depending on his will.

In return I receive more faith, which deepens my gratitude, peace, joy, and happiness. 

I want more, so much more. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I love that your uplifting posts arrive here in the morning. It's a fab way to start the day! Blessings.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Priscilla. The devotions I read certainly do that for me and I love sharing the ones that have touched me with you.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!