August 16, 2026

Seasons


Ecclesiastes 3:1 declares that there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. 

Each holds its own challenges and joys. How we face them depends on the strength of our faith and our trust in God’s plans for our lives.  Do we listen to naysayers or our own fears and ignore God’s will? Or do we step forward with confidence and trust? 

“For we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28. 

Yet it’s hard to look for the good that can come from suffering. We see only the pain. But when we look back, we see where He encouraged us and carried us over the rockiest sections of the path. If only we relinquished our desire for control, our anxiety, and fears into God’s hands at the beginning instead of clinging to them and making ourselves more miserable. (And sometimes those around us too.) 

God doesn’t want us to be afraid, but our human nature is weak. We fall toward disbelief, allowing worry to entangle us in a merry-go-round of anxiety. Even in joyful seasons of our lives, we often worry about the details. How long will this season last? How are we to navigate this change? Are we following God’s will? 

As I enter a new, joyful season of my life and face the many changes that brings, this scripture comes to mind. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways, submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6. 

He will solve every problem and show us every step. All we need to do is ask. 

Thank you, Lord, for your mercy, your guidance, and your encouragement. May I never rely on my understanding. Only yours. 

Amen.

 


The seasons of life are many. Each holds 

 Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad God's ways are unfathomably higher than my own. It makes it easier to trust him even when I don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. After all, if we can't trust our Creator, who can we trust? May God bless you always, Priscilla.

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!