![]() |
| Image by Ronald Sandino from Pixabay |
A friend asked for a paperback copy of the first book of my Lions and Lambs series, And Then Came a Lion. Before I gave it to him, I scanned the book. I felt sick to my stomach when I found numerous errors not present in the eBook. Evidently, I used a different document when I published the paperback.
Besides the errors, I noted the weaker writing. I’ve
grown as an author since that first book, and I debated about revising it. I’m currently
in the middle of editing my newest fantasy and don’t want to stop, but neither
can I imagine ignoring the needed changes in this book.
While I warred back and forth, God weighed in this
morning. My devotions included a passage from the Book of Daniel. As I have
written before, God sent references to lions (and a real one once) to
encourage me to write this first book of the series.
I can’t ignore the coincidences, not to mention I want my friend to read a better story. I've told him I will give him a new copy once I've republished the book with the corrected manuscript in a few weeks. I'm also updating the digital copy too. Then back to my new story.
Who knows, perhaps the time spent away from the
new one will give me a better perspective. Regardless, I’ve learned never to
ignore God’s directives. If it's important to Him I make these revisions now, then I will be obedient. After all, He is far wiser than me, and following His will is always the best course.
Dear Lord, give me the inspiration to make this
book better and give me the patience to make the changes. Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!