August 16, 2024

Being an Author

 

Image stolen from Facebook 

This meme is too true to be completely funny, especially since I’m working on another fantasy. It takes time to figure out and describe food, animals, countryside, towns, villages, and characters. Never mind the plot.

It reminds me of creation. God called forth an entire universe and our amazing world. Some of which we have yet to discover. The vastness and uniqueness boggles the mind, along with the complexity we struggle to unravel. How small my little fantasy world is in comparison!

Then, He created us.

In His image.

We are far more complex than we can comprehend, both mind and body.

God went even further, becoming a man. Like us. Another truth that defies our understanding.

This, of course, is where faith comes in. There are so many questions so complex our minds cannot absorb them, and we simply have to trust.

Simply trust.

Not so simple, is it? We flounder. We question. We wrestle.

How much easier life would be if we didn’t struggle so much. As Jesus said, we must become like children. Trusting. Living in the moment. Not worrying about the past or the future.

It’s hard.

God, being the Author of our stories, knows how it will end — in Paradise with Him — as long as we believe.

It’s all the stuff in between that causes all the angst. He throws challenges at us to test our faith (for our benefit). He already knows our hearts, but we don’t until we’re tried in difficulties. He also wisely uses the difficult circumstances to prove our dependency on Him and His faithfulness to His promises.

As I’ve aged, I’ve gotten better at trusting. How could I not after so many life experiences, blessings, and miracles?

However, I look back and wish I’d had more faith at times. How much easier life would have been. But I can’t go back and change it, so I need to focus on today and leave both the past and the future in God’s hands.

I’m sure I’ll be repeating that mantra until I draw my last breath.

Dear Lord, keep me close to you. Don’t let me wander down any path where You do not lead. Amen.

 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! When I look back I just shake my head. God has been so patient with me along my faith journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. I'm so thankful His patience is limitless!

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!