July 11, 2023

Back to Basics


With summer now in full swing, I’m out in the yard early to avoid the heat. Unfortunately, I let that momentum carry on throughout the day, jumping from one task to another. My husband commented on how I never seem to stop.

I took his words to heart.

I’ve gone back to keeping a To Do List. Not so I can accomplish more, but to keep me from piling on more than is necessary. I try to be flexible with it, moving or skipping chores when needed—without feeling guilty.

Besides yoga and my other exercises, I’ve also gone back to using Dr. Emmett Miller’s Letting Go of Stress. 

I first became a believer when I had a horrible stiff neck that prescription muscle relaxers wouldn’t touch. My husband suggested I try the CD. He had discovered Dr. Miller during a police training seminar on handling stress and found it very effective. Dr. Miller is a medical MD and an early promoter of a holistic approach to medical treatment.  One session and my stiff neck was gone.

My devotions added another way to look at my day. The word bless means to set apart or consecrate for holy purposes. Now that I know the true meaning of the word, I’m more cognizant of what I ask God to bless and endless, unnecessary chores don’t fall into that category.

There’s been a difference in my attitude these last few days since I’ve gone back to these basics. I get less irritated, and amazingly, I have more energy.

This time I hope these changes stick.

Dear Lord, help to keep my focus on your will rather than mine. Amen.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of Miller's stress-relief CD. Thank you for the recommendation. I'm also glad you pointed out the meaning of "bless." I needed to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention Dr. Emmett Miller is one of the doctors who first taught Bio-feedback, which is a part of his stress relief programs. I was impressed when I read the true meaning of bless, too. Still praying for you and your situation. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Prayers help any situation. May God help you find ways to lessen your stress.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!