May 28, 2021

Through the Lens of Faith


Image by Andrew Martin from Pixabay 

Oswald Chambers wrote, “Seeing is never believing. We interpret what we see in the light of what we believe.”

I can understand that. Before my faith grew, I looked at life through the lens of my experiences, tempered by my faith. As God continued to touch my life through my experiences, my interpretation of the world changed. Where I saw worry and anxiety, I now see the possibility for more miracles.

This reminds me of another story I may have shared in other posts.

A man walked through a meadow filled with wildflowers, sunshine, and a scented breeze. He was so caught up in the beauty he failed to see a cliff and fell. Halfway down, he grabbed hold of a root and hung on. He quickly reasoned he was too far from the top to climb back up and too far from the bottom to drop. He called out for his friends to rescue him, but no one heard his calls for help.

Finally, he called out to God. “Lord, help me!”

God answered. “Do you love me?”

“Yes, Lord. I love you with all my heart.”

“Do you trust me?”

“Yes!”

“Then. Let go.”

Author Unknown

That part always gives me chills. As much as my faith has grown, could I let go?

I like to believe if I heard God speaking to me, I would. But if I’m honest, I’d want to know what God’s plan is first. Is He going to save my life? With that thought, do I trust God only when I think I’ll get the results I want?

Dear Lord, strengthen my faith so I trust you to let go. Amen.

 

 

 




2 comments:

  1. Another wonderful post, Cecilia. "You did not mention parachutes." Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you for the kind words. And yes, the reply about the parachutes obviously impressed me too!

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!