February 12, 2021

Pausing

Photo by FunkyFocus @Pixabay












Since it’s a thirty-four-mile drive (one way) to major shopping and doctors, my husband and I lump all our errands together. Monday was the usual marathon.  

By the time we got home, we were both tired and grumpy, and even grumpier when I realized we had forgotten Cooper’s thyroid meds.

I groaned. We’d never make it back before the vet’s office closed.

Only good thing, Cooper wouldn’t run out of medication until Thursday, but I resigned myself to just get it over with and go back tomorrow. I hated the idea. The day after being in town, I wanted to relax.

The debate still raged in my mind when I opened my devotions the next morning.

From Living Faith Devotional
 

God gave me permission to rest. 

I listened.  

Not only did I have the chance to recharge my energy, but my hairdresser also returned my call regarding a hair appointment. She had an opening Wednesday. Waiting saved me three back-to-back trips.

I usually put prayer and meditation first, but now and then, I succumb to the panicked urge to jump up and start my To Do List. A decision I often regret.

Thank you, Lord, for urging me to pause and rest rather than running from dawn to dusk, worried about many things. Amen.

 

 


3 comments:

  1. Isn't it awesome when God's timing works like that? I don't enjoy running errands, either, but it's more pleasant when I wait until a radio show I like comes on.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how listening to a good progam would lessen the pain of a long commute and errands. Good idea! Thank you for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, God knows best. I love when He works things out like that!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!