June 13, 2020

Choices


We face a myriad of choices every day, opportunities to make a difference,  good or bad. After my last rant, I didn’t want to let anger, even what I think is justified, to take control. Yet, with the turmoil going on in our country, it’s hard not to feel frustrated and judgmental with others’ choices.

One thing I can always rely on is God. He will guide me, whether I ask or not!

This morning my devotions listed  Psalm 27 1-2,13-14, reminding me faith in God is my first choice.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the protector of my life: of whom should I be afraid? I believe to see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living. Expect the Lord, do manfully, and let thy heart take courage, and wait thou for the Lord.

This scripture has appeared every time I’ve faced hard times, reassuring and encouraging me not to give up or fall into despair.

The next devotion reminded me of how I should live my life, regardless of my circumstances and the choices others make.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.

Oh Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying we are born again into eternal life.
St. Francis of Assisi

Yes, Lord, make me an instrument of your peace, a light in the darkness leading others to You through wisdom, discernment, patience, and faith. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. It IS hard not to feel frustrated and judgmental. I've been repeating John 14:1 a lot lately to calm myself. "Let not your heart be troubled. Trust in God, trust in me."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good one too. I'm going to add that to my list!

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!