May 24, 2019

Okay, this isn't funny. Well, maybe sort of....

I woke this morning tired and a little grumpy. The vine I've been battling for two years won't stay dead. After cleaning out all but some roots, my husband and I put plastic sheeting over it last year and thought that would end it's life. When we removed the plastic this spring, the vine looked dead, but it wasn't.

As you can see from the picture, it's back, growing like a green monster.

The thought of putting who knows how many more hours ripping out its fingers, toes, trunk, and whatever else I can reach soured my thoughts. Some of the  roots are as big as my arm!

After removing seventy, yes seventy, pickup loads of debris from our yard last year, I really thought we were done with major projects, and we only had to maintain the flowerbeds and mow the lawn.

Deciding to procrastinate over one  more cup of coffee, I opened my emails and perused book sales, usually a sure fire way of making even the worst days better.

However this morning, one of the titles hit home a little too close, and I don't find it remotely funny. Well, after I think about it, maybe it is a little funny.




What are the chance of this happening on this particular day? 

I'd say God sometimes has a weird sense of humor. Then, maybe He's trying to tell me to lighten up a bit. After all, my vine isn't exactly as sinister as this one, is it?  The Vines


4 comments:

  1. Haha, I laughed out loud! I wonder what your vines are. We have kudzu around here that will SMOTHER houses if it's not kept in check (seriously).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to identify the vine in the picture. It has flowers in the summer months and dies back in the fall and winter. The other vine I've been fighting is ivy in one of the beds in front of the house. I've heard about kudzu. That sounds like a real nightmare.

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!