April 10, 2016

Where There Is Hatred...




Lately it seems there is a lot of hatred floating around from both political parties, from anti-religious groups, and groups claiming to be religious. During these hateful exchanges, they forget every life is precious, every life deserves a chance, every life deserves respect. The words to this famous prayer set a good example of behavior, whether you profess faith in God or not. Do not return hate with more hate. It has to stop somewhere.

These words came to my mind during my devotions this morning in response to something that has been heavy on my heart recently. I don't always behave this way, but I plan to pray this prayer every morning, noon, and night. Hopefully, the words will become ingrained enough in my heart and mind to become action, not just words. As the old song says, “Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.” And I challenge you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!