January 01, 2024

Made New

Image by Muneeb Khalid from Pixabay    

“If then any be in Christ a new creature, the old things are passed away, behold all things are made new.” 2 Corinthians 5:17.

A new day and a New Year.  

The past is gone. Our slate has been wiped clean. Gone are the mistakes, the sorrows, and the hurts, unless we drag them along like old baggage. But that isn’t from God.

“Because I will be merciful to their iniquities, and their sins I will remember no more.” Hebrews 8:12.

This day I choose to be made new, washed clean of yesterday’s sorrows, hurts, and mistakes. I may not know what the future holds. All I can see is today, an hour at a time — stepping-stones leading me toward the fulfillment of God’s plan for my life. But regardless of where my path leads, what sorrows I’ll endure, I can be sure the path will also be filled with great joy. God has told me so.

“Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing; that you may abound in hope, and in the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13.

Happy New Year! 

  

2 comments:

  1. Praise God! I like your baggage comment. If God remembers our sins no more, why should we? Happy New Year, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Priscilla. With God all things are possible, even letting go of our baggage and leaving it at Jesus' feet.

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!