January 30, 2024

If Only...

Image by Jerzy Górecki from Pixabay


When big events happened, I clung to God’s Word and found strength, comfort, and encouragement. But with smaller stressors, I didn’t apply the same level of faith, especially to job situations. I was too worried about losing the job for one reason or another and stressing over mistakes.  

My life would have been much easier with a lot less stress if I had applied the same faith to these smaller concerns as I did to the bigger ones.

Funny, now that I’m retired and have fewer things to stress over, I find it much easier to give everything to God. Has my faith grown more with life experience? Probably so. More experience has shown me all the ways God kept His promises.

I sound like St. Thomas, wanting to see before I believed.

If only that wasn’t the case…

Thank you, Lord, for being patient with me while I figure it out. Amen. 

5 comments:

  1. My faith has definitely grown with more life experience. But I wouldn't want the opposite, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I wouldn't want the opposite either.

      Delete
  2. I'm like you. Why bother God with the little things? Surely I can handle them on my own. Then, when those little things aren't little anymore because I didn't solicit His help, I have to cry out to Him to fix the mess I made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure He does roll His eyes and sigh many times when we try to 'do it ourselves' when we could run to him with even our smallest troubles. Even small troubles can lead to depression and weakness especially when they attack one after the other.
    Just a couple of days ago I was thinking back over my life - 83 years plus - and realised His hand of protection has been on me all that time, from the moment of birth when I spent 5 days under my mothers hospital bed during heavy bombing raids during WWII and through a number of occasions since when I could have lost my life, either through accident, ill intent or via spiritual attack. What is He saving me for? For such a time as this . . . !

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!