September 21, 2023

When I Walked with Sorrow

Image by StockSnap from Pixabay

I have to admit, after enduring heartaches, prayer comes more naturally, more of a conversation with my Heavenly Father than prayer. I count my blessings, taking none of them for granted. I rely on God first, rather than myself, turning to prayer before anything else.

Sorrow has also given me more understanding and compassion for those living through similar situations. One devotional suggested those who have gone before should reach back and offer encouragement to those behind them. We didn’t walk those dark paths and deep canyons of heartache alone, and neither will they. Jesus promised he’d never leave us or forsake us.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 emphasizes that everything has its own time appointed by God. A time for joy and a time for sorrow. A time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted. I’m fortunate to be in a time of joy and a time of planting.

I don’t doubt I will walk with sorrow again. But until then, I am thankful for the blessings of this moment.

My heart and prayers go out to those who are experiencing hardship and sorrow. May God bless them with strength. May he send encouragers. Amen.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Marie. I often fail to turn FIRST to prayer. (I'm working on it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only at that point now. Took a long time and a lot of heartache to get here. Trying counts!

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!