May 06, 2021

The Ordinary and the Extraordinary

Photo Art by charnchai saeheng @Pixabay

Joseph T. Sullivan states in, Good Morning, Lord, it is unrealistic to “expect adventure, romance, and the extraordinary every hour of the day.”

For myself, at this point in life, I’ve had enough excitement. I crave monotony, the mundane, even the boring. Maybe not endless piles of laundry or dishes, but I wouldn’t mind some routine, a period of sameness.

I am aware nothing stays the same for long, but that doesn’t negate my desire for the simpler things.

Jesus said, “Pick up your cross and follow me.”

I have asked Him to use me to spread His Word. So, perhaps my unsettled life, although not extraordinary, is the method He’s chosen. In that light, I can strive to do ordinary things extraordinarily well.

Dear Lord, adjust my attitude to accept my daily challenges as ways of exhibiting my faith and Your glory. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I needed to pray that prayer today as well. As far as monotony and the mundane, I crave that as well, but I've read that change and challenge is good for the aging brain, so I do try to embrace new experiences . . . once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing and painting certainly keep my brain cells working, not to mention how often my husband wants to rearrange furniture. I thought I was the Queen of Rearranging, but my husband surpasses me. Friends and relatives snicker when I mention we were moving furniture around - again. That's enough change and challenge for me at the moment. I'm sure life will throw more at me eventually. And you are right, once in a while change and new experiences are good, if I ever reach such stagnation that I can view them as a positive. ;)

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!