July 28, 2020

Storms and Second, Third, and Fourth Chances














I woke to storm clouds, wind, and rain. It seemed odd after the sunshiny mornings with warm temperatures. The weather forecast is for high winds, lightning, and possible wildfires. I hate to see them destroy our beautiful country.

Wildfires aren’t the only things that worry me. Fires raging in our cities and in many hearts are destroying everything in their path. Is God raining down His wrath on an ungodly nation and world, or is this just another phase in the history of a stiff-necked people?

Before I throw stones at others, I must first look inward. Everything comes down to faith, my relationship with God, and how well I apply it to my life.

This morning, as I stepped outside with Cooper, I thanked God for giving me one more day upon this earth. I pray I can use this time to offer more praise, more thanks, and to show more love.

When storms rage and our fear grows, look up. God is still on His throne. He sees. He knows. He understands, and He cares.

This world is temporary. It is the next we need to be the most concerned with, followed closely by our love for others — even those we do not agree with or understand.

“Is it not you alone, O Lord, our God, to whom we look?” Jeremiah 14:22.

Dear Lord, open the hearts and minds of all your children, starting with mine. Amen.

 

2 comments:

  1. The news scares me sometimes, and my own response to the news disappoints me sometimes. I've got to remember to look up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Priscilla, it is a constant struggle. Only through my devotions and prayers can I maintain any semblance of balance.

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!