June 02, 2019

The Break-In Period

After days of research and reading reviews, we bought a new bed. I couldn't wait for it to be delivered. However, the mattress didn't feel like I thought it would when I first lay on it, a big and expensive disappointment. 

My logical husband suggested we read the paperwork before we decide to return it. 

The company has a very generous return policy and guarantee, but they do encourage new customers to sleep on the mattress for several weeks, giving both the bed and our bodies time to adjust to each other. It's been so long since we bought a new mattress, I forgot about the breaking-in period. (Reviewers had high praise for the mattress - after about a three week adjustment period.) 

So, I'll try to patient and dampen down my desire for instant gratification. 

It seems that is not the only area I need to apply patience. I checked on the results of my vine clearing this morning and already there are new shoots. Stewing over the idea of a continued war with the invasive, aggressive plant, I went back inside, made another cup of coffee, and looked at my emails. 

This was in my Amazon Thursday Kindle Deals. 



This quote from, Streams in the Desert, came to mind. "With God, a patient wait often leads to a happy ending." 

I need to post the quote where I can see it every day: in the kitchen for patience with my new diet, near the bed to remember there is a break-in period, on my writing desk as a reminder it isn't all about sales, on my easel so I don't skip the necessary small details, and in the cabinet where I store my gardening tools. It doesn't do any good to be frustrated with weeds and vines. Patience  and perseverance will win that war too. 

I also need to be patient with my husband's hearing loss. How he got mayonnaise out of lemonade still puzzles me. There was also the time I suggested deli sandwiches for dinner, but he heard jelly and declined, stating he'd rather have deli. 

Sigh. 

But, I doubt he would agree to wearing a sticky note..... 







4 comments:

  1. So funny about the lemonade and mayo. I’m more patient than I used to be, but it’s still a struggle sometimes. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know I am not alone. We all struggle with something that tries our patience.

      Delete
  2. I've never learned my patience lessons well enough that God figures He's done teaching me, but I think I'm getting better. We hated our bed right off, and around 7 years later, we still have it. Still hate it, but we're too lazy to do anything about it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It appears God thinks I need more lessons too. Seven years on a bed you hate? Ugh. But with the price and the effort it takes to replace them, I don't blame you for not getting rid of it.

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!