December 31, 2017

Beside Restful Waters


I have always loved Psalm 23, the green pastures and restful waters. Those have taken on new meaning in our new home. A few steps in any direction and I can sit beside gurgling creeks or still ponds, surrounded by verdant pastures.

However, even in Idyllic surroundings, life can become complicated and worrisome.

Since the year 2009, I have been without health care insurance and have put off preventive exams due to the expense. Since turning a certain age and I now have insurance, my doctor has scheduled the tests. My brain went into overdrive. What if?

Streams in the Desert quoted 1 Samuel 7:12: “Thus far the Lord has helped us.”

He has helped through financial struggles, health issues, and personal challenges. He has provided compassion, strength, wisdom, and a miracle or two. Will he not continue? 

“For though I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I will fear no evils, for thou art with me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!