July 16, 2016

The Next Great Generation



During a recent conversation with my daughter, she asked, “What kind of world will my children live in?” My grandsons are eight and one. With the current explosion of domestic and foreign violence, her concern is valid. It seems at every turn some disaster, some hate-filled march, or massive act of violence is decimating lives. Is it the End Times as so many are proposing? I don’t know. Only God knows that. 

There have been other violent eras in man’s history. In fact, there have been many, many instances of massive violence and natural destruction. Our country has enjoyed a relative time of peace. Extreme violence, except for a few isolated acts, has not bloodied our soil since the Civil War, and we are in a state of shock. 

The recent events in France and Turkey, along with the March of Rage scheduled in so many cities across our country, it is easy to fall into worry and despair. For the first time in my life, I lost hope for the world, my country, and my family. 

However, God gave me an answer during my morning devotions. My grandsons, and those of their generation, are our future heroes, the Next Great Generation of men and women inspired by God to act with foresight and courage. 

We may yet pass through a period of darkness, but God once promised to save Sodom and Gomorrah if He found ten righteous men in those cities. Surely, our cities hold ten righteous souls.

With God, anything is possible.  

There lies my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!