![]() |
| Image by edith lüthi from Pixabay |
In Our Daily Bread, the author asks, how can we celebrate life and eternity with God today?
My first thought, many of my problems and
struggles melt into only annoyances when compared to eternity. Most have a
short lifespan. A day or a week. The more serious aren’t as frightening knowing
even death isn’t the end of life.
However, I won’t lie. It takes a huge amount of faith to actually live that way every day, especially when the cares and concerns of this world press down or facing a life and death situation. But when a rainbow appears unexpectedly in a stormy sky, it lifts my spirits, reminds me there is more to come in this life and the next. Comforting scripture pops up in unexpected places, and for a moment, I celebrate the fact that God loves me enough to bother sending signs and confirmations of His love.
Afterward, my
troubles often fade away or become more bearable. A change of attitude. A
letting go. Of giving God the problem to solve and stepping back to see how He
works it out, celebrating the resolution, freed from the burden of having all the answers.
So, I suppose what I’m trying to say is, even during
the hard times, we can celebrate the truth that God made us, He loves us unconditionally,
and He will walk with us through the hard times. If we pause and take the time
to look, we can see Him in every aspect of our lives. That indeed is something
to celebrate. Every day. Amen.

I read a passage once from Jonathan Edwards book (the Puritan theologian). He said, looking back, he was glad for his sickly and difficult times because that's when he was closest to God.
ReplyDeleteI believe that to be true. It is in the dark places that the light shines brightest.
Delete