October 15, 2011

Bread Crumbs

My life changed dramatically after my first vision, described in an earlier post, The Divine Embrace. God told me I would walk through an inferno, not as a punishment for my sins, but through the natural course of my life. I would endure great pain.

Following this revelation came horrendous, life altering events. However, He offered encouragement, consolation and guidance through dreams, premonitions and scriptural promises.

This week I have faced yet another momentous life course change, and I am unsure of which direction to take. The variables are too numerous to fathom. As before, God has provided some clues to what is His will in the matter.

Like bread crumbs, or sometimes even the more prominent rock piles hikers use, He has marked the trail.

Luke 12: 6-7 
Are there not Five sparrows sold for two small coins? Yet no one of them has escaped the notice of God....Do not be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows. 

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious over anything.

Luke 12: 22-28
Therefore I say to you, do not be solicitous for your life, what you shall eat; nor for your body, what you shall put on...Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they labor not, neither do they spin. 
But I say to you not even Solomon in all his glory was clothed as one of these. 

This verse has particular meaning as one of the first miracles I received after the vision. (See Lilies)  

Another devotion offered this: Good Morning, Lord by Father Joseph T. Sullivan: ...After rainstorms, puddles reflect sunrises, or mountains, or rainbows, or blossoms. Rainbows also have a previous correlation to serious trials and corresponding miracles. (See Somewhere Over the Rainbow)

Besides the scriptural reminders, there were also several coincidences. I have handled hundreds of shipments at my current place of employment (the temp position due to end in a few months) yet, yesterday was the first time I came across another individual with my name (on an address for a literature shipment I was sending out to another state.) No big deal, right? Not really, when taken alone. However, a few minutes later I answered the phone. It was a random solicitation call from the company involved in my current circumstances. The first time that has ever happened as well. The meaning? None, other than it is just His way of getting my attention, as He has done in the past when I think none of the above is really meant for me personally. 

Last night, the personal call I had been so anxiously awaiting came. The company is delaying the decision in my regard yet again. This issue has been going on almost two years and I now must wait for another three days, until Monday, the 17th. With so much at stake, it is very hard to simply sit by and wait for an outcome I cannot control. 

Yet, the delay has an interesting significance. The number 7 in varying forms: 7, 17, 27, 37 and so on, has also provided trail markers in the past, alluding to the Divine symbolism of the number 7 in the Bible. Besides the beautiful messages in both Psalms 27 and 37, the number 7 means several things. A great number and completion being two of them. Both appropriate for my situation.  These numbers are not miraculous, or magical. They serve only to remind me of His Word, past promises and miracles. (See Signs.)

If I will only trust Him and follow His signs, I will avoid most of the deep holes, ruts, and boulders hidden in the mists of my doubt and worry. I may skin a knee, or obtain a bruise, but I won't fall, and although I still have no clue where this path will eventually lead, at least I know I am on the right one. 


8 comments:

  1. I don't feel I need to comment...I get all of this. Prayers for you and may you receive all the crumbs He has for you. He establishes the footsteps of the righteous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your positive outlook even when faced with dire situations is always a challenge to me. Thank you, Cecilia, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jolina for the the kind words. I always enjoy your blog. It is always a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness God is in control....I too will pray that you will have complete peace as you wait on your answers.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Nancy. It is all in God's hands and control, and yest that is a good thing. He sure knows a lot more about the situation than we do. We must trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay--did I miss it? Did you get a call Monday? What happened???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, I did get a call Monday. The I am sorry one. So, I will keep looking for the bread crumbs and other markers and follow the path He has planned. Sure would like to know what that is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, no. I'm so sorry. I pray God reveals His will to you soon. Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!