August 18, 2018

The Odd Girl

Although it’s only been a month since my implant surgery, I am impressed how natural it feels and how quickly the scars have faded. The Franken-Breast is gone, replaced by the Odd Girl. Although she is no longer a twin to the other gal, she has enough of a family resemblance most people will never know the difference. I can live with that.

On a comfort level, the muscle tightens if I move my arm the wrong way, and I am still restricted to only lifting five pounds with that arm and no pulling or pushing. That means no vacuuming, mopping, raking, or two-handed scrubbing. (Oh darn.) That will change at the six-week mark when my surgeon releases me from both the restrictions and his care. 

It’s been a long road, eight months from the mammogram and biopsy to now, and I’m happy to be at the end. Still, I’ve been lucky it wasn’t longer with months of chemo and radiation.

I admit there were times I wanted to pull the covers over my head and pretend it never happened, but with God’s help I’ve stayed positive. He sent the right encouragement at the exact moment I needed it. No surprise there, right?

Thank you, Lord, for your encouragement, compassion, and most of all your gift of health and life. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I sat here and thought about all the push-n-pull things we do throughout the day, and all the things we lift over 5 pounds. You joke about it, but I bet you're itchin' to get back to scrubbing and vacuuming. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are coming along so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Priscilla. There are so many things that require those motions or lifting more than five pounds. The flower beds bother me the most since my husband isn't a gardener, but it's not much longer now.

      Delete

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!