September 23, 2016

Searching



 He sees my heartache.
He sees my pain.
He sees my sorrow.
He sees my misconstrued good intention.
He sees my secret desire.
He sees my longing.
He sees. He understands. He cares.
 
 He sends comfort during moments of grief.
He sends encouragement when my resolve weakens.
He sends opportunities to fulfill my desires and longings.
He heals my pain.
He loves. He instructs. He guides.

He calls me.
He draws close.
He lifts me.
He holds me.

“Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you looking for?” Jesus asks Mary Magdalene in John 20:15.

I weep for departed loved ones. I weep for the sick. I weep for the suffering. I weep for the persecuted. I weep for my country. I weep for this world. I weep for my sins. I am looking for you, Lord. 

“Ask, and it shall be given to you: seek, and you shall find: knock, and it shall be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts you would like to share? I love hearing from you!